Makes 15 small squares – great for adults and kids lunch boxes. Be sure to use the seeds if nuts aren’t allowed in the schools.
- 1 cup fresh or dried dates, pitted
- 1½ cup almonds or use a mix of pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds instead
- 1-2 bananas
- 1 heaped tbsp raw cocoa powder
- Dried shredded coconut
- If using dried dates, soak them for a few minutes in hot water to soften.
2.Pulse almonds/SEEDS in a dry food processor until they are broken up but still in crunchy chunks.
- Add the cocoa powder and pulse to combine with the nuts. Add bananas, dates and blend until just mixed.
4.Spread out the mixture evenly.
5.A few hours in the fridge will make it easier to cut into squares but the bars are ready to eat straight way. They will keep for a few days in the fridge.